Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 1

Well I guess this is officially the first day of my American road trip.
Its been a crazy few weeks getting ready for this and I have been working consistently from 6:30am to midnight but thats all behind me now.
Yesterday was the last crazy push trying to get a couple of guitars finished and it took me right into the late hours. I thought I had loads of time before getting my Bus to the airport but then discovered it was leaving a couple of hours earlier than I thought so the panic set in. I got packed in double time with the help of my amazing wife and got to the bus with 2 minutes to spare. It wouldnt be good to fail at the first hurdle.
Now I am in the airport waiting for departure to Newark and then get a connection to LA. From there I pick up a hire car and head up the Pacific coast to Santa Barbara.

Its going to be a long day and I will probably be awake for 40 hours straight but somehow I am still really excited.
This trip marks a new start for Emerald guitars as we move back into the American market. I cant beleive its 5 years since I last exhibited at the NAMM show.
Anyway, I have some great things ahead over the next couple of weeks.
Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alistair and Joel

    My name is Larry Jensen from the same town as Joel here in Canada... Joel has told me all about his (and your) great American adventure... I feel a little bit part of it as Joel will be performing one of my songs to demo your fabulous guitars... I will check in often and I wish you all the best and great prosperity... Larry Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alistair, it's great to have you in the States! I think this is going to be great for Emerald.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay, Ulster Allstar Hay,

    Congratulations! Wishing you all the very best. If you have stopover time we seriously have plenty of room here in SC.

    With kind regards,

    Eamonn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alistair... Just called Joel and he's at the airport one hour and twenty minutes before departure at 5:20pm... He is stoked!!!
    Later
    Larry

    ReplyDelete