Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hanging on Koh Chang

I was preparing for my trip home when I got a call from Mr Ekkasit requesting that I stay a few days longer and go Koh Chang Island with him. Well I didn’t have to think twice about that so we have been on the Island for the last 2 days.

This is a magical place. It’s a small Island near to the border with Cambodia with tall mist covered mountains covered in thick lush Jungle.

While this is a tourist Island it is still pretty much unspoilt and retains its charm. While in Bangkok we regularly used Limo’s here our Limo was the back of a pick up truck or on a Moped.

The first day we went up into the mountain to a large waterfall where We eventually ended up going swimming and I couldn’t resist demonstrating the water resistance of the X5 so it went swimming too. I think the locals thought I was crazy.

Today we went on a boat trip around a few smaller islands to go snorkelling, It was a great experience snorkelling on the coral reefs with all the fish. This was my first time.

In between snorkelling we lounged on the boat where I got my legs incredibly sunburned, Ouch and we played guitar and yes the guitar went swimming again too. I cant recommend salt water for the strings but It was worth sacrificing a set of strings for the pics.


This has just been amazing here. I feel so blessed that my work has brought me here. It makes all the tough days much more worth while.

Tomorrow I fly back to Ireland and then the reality kicks in. !

Thank you Mr Ekkasit for giving me this amazing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment